Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Learning more

Maybe it is just me but I do not believe in handing a child a coloring sheet as their art project for the lesson. I do not care how old they are they are capable of doing more than just scribbling on a page. This could explain why I can get 2-3 year old's to remember lessons from a week ago. As you have probably seen in my older posts, or on my Pinterest, I do crazy art projects and activities. I have noticed that if you let the children have fun, or get messy, they remember more. This could also be that I never stop talking about the lesson until they leave, but they get what I am saying. Most 2 year old's could care less about what you are saying, but mine sit and listen because they know that they are getting something out of it, even if they really just want the marshmallows. But I have noticed when I ask questions that  they are able to answer them.
Try thinking outside the box and doing something you might think as "too hard" for them. You will be surprised at what they can do. I hand my kids scissors and help them cut out their projects, I don't do it for them. But it helps the kids grow and become better learners. I try to treat my kids as if they are older, I don't treat them like little babies who can't do anything. Eventually they have to grow up and do something, so why not start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment