Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Giving

As some of you know I work with children but I also help out with my youth group. I find it important to know more than one aspect of the church. This Friday is our Speed the Light Rally (STL). It is a rally to get teens pumped about raising money to missions. Since I am going to be a missionary I know that this is important. I will be posting a video on youtube and I will post the link on here either Monday or Tuesday. But I wanted to let everyone know that missions doesn't only have to be a older kid thing. My 2-3 year old's get excited about giving money in offering, and I don't even say anything to them about it. If one kid brings money then they all run to their parents asking for money. To them it is the joy of bringing something that they can put in the jar.
I am thinking about having them find ways to earn money so that it has more meaning to them then just getting a dollar from their mom, if they earn it then they might realize that it is much more then that.
Have a great week, and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment