Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wild Child

We all get the one child who is crazy and tears everything apart in our room. They dump and run as I like to say. It can be so difficult sometimes and honestly I use to dread that child coming in. But then I came up with a plan. I made that child responsible for everything they destroyed or dumped out. Amazingly the child realized it wasn't fun to clean up something they didn't play with. The fact that it worked was amazing to me
I've done the same thing with one year olds and it works too! Kids understand more than we think. Once they know how it makes us feel they will understand that they shouldn't do it causes  they don't like it either.
In high school I used to hang up posters for drug prevention. I would spend hours hanging them to make words and pictures. Literally it would be up for an hour during school and someone would tear it down. I started getting people involved and they realized how much work it was. Some of the kids who torn down the posters no longer did, and they made sure their friends didn't either. It gave them the realization that it took someone time to do this and it wasn't fair that someone would rip it down in seconds.
It works for every age so just try it out! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment