Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Kids need attention

It is really easy foe us to forget that we have to pay attention to children's needs sometimes. I mean we play with them, but we miss the red flags that could warn us that there is potentially something wrong.
Children show signs of abuse and disorders, that if we don't notice it when they are young, then a child could go unnoticed. I'm not saying confront the parent directly about it. I would talk to someone else first. More importantly try talking to the child. I have seen when people thought a child was autistic because she didn't talk. In reality she spoke a different language and no one bothered to get to know her. Knowing each child is really important. I make sure I spend time with my kids individually so that I can get to know them, and they know they can trust me.
Once kids have your trust they will be more open, and listen better. Kids just want to know you care. Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment