Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Please Listen to me!

The struggling question of how to get a child to listen. Well it is a lot easier then most people want to believe. Most parents would hate to hear this, but honestly if it works do it. I can have children sit nicely during lesson, in the bathroom, and have them walk nicely in a line. My secret is I bribe them with marshmallows.
Yes they are sugary, but I only give out a max of 5 per child on a good day. It is amazing what kids will do for a marshmallow. If I say I am giving out marshmallows for whoever cleans up the block, at least half of the kids will run over and pick them up and put the away nicely. I mean not everyone has to do it but it works in my class. The main reasoning for marshmallows is it works for all ages. If a child chokes it will dissolve fast enough that nothing bad will happen. I don't have to worry about getting different treats when I have brand new two year old's in my class. It is up to you and what you are allowed to do, but it works in every situation.
Have a great week, and don't forget to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment