Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Getting started and Having FUN!!!

Getting started can be the hardest thing. I never thought that I could work with a 2 year old. But really all it takes is going in with a smile on your face! All kids really want is.to know that someone loves them. I always put a smile on before I walk through the door. The kids know that they are going to have fun if I look like we are going to have fun. No child wants to see a grinch when they walk in.
Making learning fun is th  most important. Switching the routine, or the room, let's kids explore more of their senses. The more movement or involvement the kids have in their day, the more they will remember, even if they are young. It doesn't matter how you do it, give them play doh, let them get up and move, or even build a whale. Kids are going to learn when you make their day fun and different.
Peel have told me that kids need routine, and consistency. I've noticed that the along things stay the same, the more wild they become. When I change the way my room is set up, the kids come in, in awe. It's lime I have a new room with new toys, and I don't. Making things different isn't going to hurt them. Each day is a learning process, not everything is going to work. I take everything I've done and see how I can make it better next time, or how I can be more prepared.
In all honestly a mess that might be made can be easily cleaned up. Are you really going to risk kids learning and having fun because you don't want to clean up the mess? If a kid paints on the table I just clean it up. I will stay after for an hour to clean up if it means the kiss will have fun and learn!
Don't be afraid to get messy. Expand the children's learning by changing.the way you do things. Every activity helps a child learn, even if you don't physically see it. Kids learn through play, so have a little fun! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment